Call for papers: NeMLA, Boston 2009

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Thu Aug 14 20:21:55 UTC 2008

Dear SEELangs kollegi:

Below is a call for papers for the 2009 NeMLA (Northeast MLA)
convention, to be held in Boston, February 26-March 1.

Please consider this conference as well. The current pattern is that
Slavists barely participate in NeMLA. (As far as I know, this is the
only Russian or Slavic panel at this convention
). Would be nice to
change that.

Please submit abstracts to me by September 15, at the e-mail address
below.

For info about NeMLA itself, and the convention, see:
http://www.nemla.org/
http://www.nemla.org/convention/index.html
http://www.nemla.org/convention/cfp08.html
(we're listed under "world literatures")

Panel title: Russian Poetry: Text and Context
Panel chair: Francoise Rosset, Russian, Wheaton College, MA

This panel welcomes submissions on a wide range of topics in Russian
poetry. We will consider all time periods, but prefer the nineteenth
century and later. The focus of the paper should be the context of the
poetic text ((literary, political, artistic, etc. contexts). We
welcome a variety of approaches, including interdisciplinary
interpretations.
Please send abstracts to: frosset at wheatonma.edu

Thank you, and enjoy what's left of the summer,
-FR

Francoise Rosset, Associate Professor
Chair, Russian and Russian Studies
Coordinator, German and Russian