Needy students of Russian?Need sugestions

George Kalbouss kalbouss at MAC.COM
Mon Aug 25 14:39:43 UTC 2008

I have several suggestions.  First, talk to someone who teaches Russian
at some
university near you,  they might like some of your materials.  There
are some other
options, too:

	(1) a local secondary school that teaches Russian.
	(2) a community college, even if it doesn't teach Russian, but might
sometime in the future.
	(3) a university "Russian House,"  which is like a dormitory, but
where the students
try to speak Russian after-hours.  A lot of these have their own
mini-libraries and appreciate
additional materials.
	(4) Some major universities have federally funded "Slavic Centers" --
one of their missions
is outreach, and they could possibly steer you to some possible places.
  I'm pretty sure
UCLA and Berkeley have such centers.

	When I retired, I had a ton of books, and ended up giving many away to
all of the
above types of places.  Good luck!

George Kalbouss
Assoc. Prof. Emeritus, The Ohio State University