Question about Russian Dissertations

Valery Belyanin vbelyanin at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 28 20:56:36 UTC 2008

On 8/28/, Kuchar, Martha <kuchar at roanoke.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone have an answer for this question? Would a Russian academic
> write 2 dissertations (like a German
> academic?). Martha Kuchar, Ph.D. Dept. of English Roanoke College Salem, VA
> 24153

The answer is YES.
It is not very modest, but I have _stepen kandidata filologicheskih nauk_
because I wrote _dissertacija na soiskanije uchenoj stepeni  kandidata
filologicheskih nauk_ and later I
_zaschitil dissertaciju na soiskanije uchenoy stepeni  doktora
filologicheskih nauk_
and when I wanted to have PhD in psychology I had problems with getting
doctoral degree and I had to write
_dissertaciju na soiskanije uchenoj stepeni  kandidata psihologicheskih
 nauk_
and now I am also _kandidat psyhologicheskih nauk_
and I can have the degree of doktor (if I want) only in five years.
They have rumours about cancelling this system but no one knows when it
happens.
--
Valeri Belianine, 3 times PhD :-)