Mandelstam Rights/Estate

Anyse Joslin anyse1 at MAC.COM
Wed Dec 3 06:35:02 UTC 2008

The basic law of copyright is now that an estate can hold all rights
for only 50 years after the death of the original artist. After that,
it is all in the public domain.

Anyse

On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:36 PM, Kevin M. F. Platt wrote:

Dear Colleagues:

A contact is digitizing (for web-distribution) a recording of
Mandelstam made in 1925, and asks me if I know what the status of the
poet's estate is--is there an executor/foundation/entity that would
hold the rights, or would this be public domain?

Cheers,

kp

Associate Professor Kevin M. F. Platt
Chair, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
745 Williams Hall
255 S. 36th Street
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305