Political Correctness in Russia

colkitto@rogers.com colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Fri Dec 5 19:46:45 UTC 2008

"Yes, it's important to distinguish between real PC as created and
implemented by caring, sensitive people and the caricature of PC as
derided by its opponents. The opposition campaign has been so effective
in confusing things that many Americans think PC is the caricature --
ridiculous names for perfectly ordinary things that serve only to
obscure the obvious truth and make everybody laugh."

That itself is the most ridiculous thing I've read today, and I'm in Ottawa
as we speak.

You mean "Real PC as ridiculous names for perfectly ordinary things that
serve only to
obscure the obvious truth and make everybody laugh" as opposed the
caricature of PC as
"created and implemented by caring, sensitive people" (stop it, that's too
funny).

The mentality that has someone describing Obama as an "enigma" and being
called a racist
(think of the stress).

PC is a Western import Russia really, really, really needs.