Political Correctness in Russia

colkitto@rogers.com colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Fri Dec 5 20:28:06 UTC 2008

Apologies.  I thought my name was in the "From" slot.

See what I mean, folks? Mr. Colkitto is obviously one of the opponents
of PC, and he argues against it by fictionalizing it and then destroying
his straw man. If that were what PC was, I would oppose it, too.

I'm not the one fictionalising PC.  You should oppose it too, then, Paul.

> The mentality that has someone describing Obama as an "enigma" and
> being called a racist (think of the stress).

I missed that one, and I paid a LOT of attention to the presidential
campaign as an active participant in the local effort.

> PC is a Western import Russia really, really, really needs.

For once, the right-wing caricature is as close to accurate as it gets.

Robert Orr