Does anyone remember?

Valentino, Russell russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Sat Dec 6 20:53:19 UTC 2008

I remember them both fondly, Anyse (btw, Elena Dmitriew).

I'll send you an email when I can catch my breath at the end of this semester.

Russell

Russell Scott Valentino
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Cinema and Comparative Literature
University of Iowa
319.335.2827

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Anyse Joslin
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 2:11 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Does anyone remember?

Hello.

I am interested to know if anyone here remembers two people who were
professors of Russian at Fresno State University in the 70's and 80's.
First, there is Dr. Alexander Pronin, who was, I believe, with the OCS
prior to being the CIA) after the war and worked in a number of spy
activities after leaving (fleeing?) Russia after the Great Patriotic
War. Next, is the wonderfully charming Galina Dmitriew. She left
Russian in te early 1950's to Canada and, ultimately to the US. She
wrote a book about her experience with Stalin's Russia as well.

If anyone has any stories or remembrances of these two people, I would
appreciate it if you could send them to me at: anyse1 at mac.com

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Anyse Joslin