SRAS December Newsletter

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Wed Dec 17 07:52:19 UTC 2008

The School of Russian and Asian Studies has just published the December
issue of its free Newsletter.

The Newsletter can be found here:
http://www.sras.org/newsletter2.phtml?m=407

This month focuses on professions and working in Russia, as well as a
section on Russian holidays and trends that might be expected in coming
years. We have a vastly expanded news review section covering virtually
everything from the aftermath of the Georgian war and Russia's military
reforms, to how the crisis is affecting the Russian economy, to the results
of several major court cases, and more.

We also have several language features for intermediate and advanced
students. One offers background and a lengthy taped debated on the Bakhmina
case. Another deals with Russian funeral traditions (a bit odd for a New
Year issue, but appropriate, we thought, given the bewilderment shown by BBC
newscasters on the "long" and "strict" process of burying recently deceased
Russian Patriarch, Alexei II).

Subscriptions to the Newsletter are free. Just send an email with "Subscribe
SRAS" to jwilson at sras.org.

The Newsletter can be found here:
http://www.sras.org/newsletter2.phtml?m=407

Happy Holidays!

Josh Wilson

Asst. Director

The School of Russian and Asian Studies

Editor-in-Chief

Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies

www.sras.org

jwilson at sras.org