Belinsky - Chekhov

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Fri Dec 19 20:38:16 UTC 2008

Vladimir,

I have no specific knowledge of this collection or any criticism of it, but
you might try the following trick. (I assume you have at least the table of
contents of the collection). Find good scholarly bibliographies of works
about the individual authors whose works appear in the collection. If
criticism appeared about a given author's piece(s) appearing in the
collection, it might well be cited in such a bibliography. Usually these
bibliographies are organized by year of publication, with various indices
(such as the specific work by the author discussed in the critical article),
so it ought not to be too difficult to find what is relevant, if it is
there. And if you do find such citations, the cited article might speak
about the collection in toto, rather than solely the author whose
bibliography you used to track it down. It just might work. I hope it does.

Good luck,
David
(in the middle of a New England blizzard)

David Powelstock
Asst. Prof. of Russian, East European and Comparative Literature
Undergraduate Advising Head, Russian Language and Literature
Chair, Program in Russian and East European Studies
GRALL, MS 024
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02454-9110