Free Issues of Russian Life for Schools and Universities

Charlotte Rosenthal crosenth at USM.MAINE.EDU
Sat Dec 20 00:03:26 UTC 2008

Dear Paul Richardson:

Please add my institution to the list of schools to receive free issues
of Russian Life.  The institution is:  University of Southern Maine in
Portland, ME. We have a Russian Studies major and we offer four years of
language instruction as well as courses in literatue, film,
civilization, history, politics, and anthropology.

Sincerely,

Charlotte Rosenthal

Charlotte Rosenthal, Ph. D.
Professor of Russian
Dept. of Modern & Classical Langs. and Lits. University of Southern
Maine
Portland, ME 04104-9300 U.S.A.

crosenth at usm.maine.edu
>>> Paul Richardson <paulr at RUSSIANLIFE.NET> 12/19/08 1:15 PM >>>
YES, THERE IS A DED MOROZ, VIRGINIA… AND CALIFORNIA, AND NORTH DAKOTA…
Russian Life magazine is happy to announce that, due to generous
sponsorship from the Russkiy Mir Foundation, the magazine will be
distributed FREE to thousands of U.S. students of the Russian language
in 2009.
Since 2002, Russian Life’s Education Patrons Program has enabled the
free distribution to students of Russian at some 80 U.S. high schools
and universities. For five years, the Program has been funded by
private donations from current Russian Life subscribers. The Program
seeks to support and invigorate study of Russian by using the magazine
as a valuable source of current, objective information about Russian
culture, history and life.
The Russkiy Mir Foundation sponsorship offers the opportunity to
RADICALLY expand this program to reach EVERY interested high school
and college in the country (and to remove our previous restriction of
only 6 copies per institution!). In addition, each issue of the
magazine distributed to schools will include a special, eight-page
language-learning insert, “Uchites,” which uses content from the
current issue of the magazine as a launching point for building
vocabularly and language skills.
To receive the free issues for a year, schools merely need to:
    (1) register and/or confirm their school’s data online, and
    (2) agree to complete a survey on the program’s effectiveness
later in the year.
To find out if your school is already set to participate, simply visit
this page on the Russian Life website:
http://www.russianlife.com/educpatr2.cfm
* institutions listed in RED are confirmed and will be receiving
magazines.
* institutions listed in BLACK must confirm their data, and a
representative of that school should contact Russian Life off-list
(orders at russianlife.com
) to receive a link to update their data.
* U.S. institutions NOT on the list should also contact Russian Life
by email to receive instructions how to add their data to our database.
The new, expanded free distribution of Russian Life begins with the
Mar/Apr 2009 issue. Please act now to ensure you are included!
Russian Life magazine, with a publication history dating back to 1956,
is a colorful, insightful look at life as it is lived in Russia today.
Russian Life is a privately-owned, fiercely independent magazine that
features quality journalism, amazing photography and a breadth and
depth of coverage no other publication can match.
For more information, visit http://www.russianlife.com.
For history of the Education Patrons Program and interseting survey
information, visit:
http://www.russianlife.com/educpatrdata.cfm