AATSEEL Workshop: Collective Analysis of Contemporary Poetry

Boris Wolfson bwolfson at AMHERST.EDU
Sun Dec 21 14:07:03 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

The inaugural Workshop on Collective Analysis of Contemporary Poetry at this
year's AATSEEL meeting in San Francisco will focus on the work of ANNA AL'CHUK
(1955-2008), poet, visual poet, photographer, exhibit organizer, web master,
feminist theorist, and performance artist, author of five books of poetry. The
session, which will take place on Sunday, December 28, from 1:30 to 3:30 PM, is
organized in her memory.

The purpose of this event is to involve all those in attendance - organizers
and audience members - in a sustained group reading / interpretation of a
series of poems.  Texts will be handed out during the meeting, and no previous
familiarity with Al'chuk's work is expected, but those interested in attending
can take a look at some of the poems we will consider here:

http://magazines.russ.ru/ra/2006/4/an3.html
http://magazines.russ.ru/ra/2008/5/aa4.html

More information about Al'chuk's work and life is available at:

http://www.litkarta.ru/russia/moscow/persons/alchuk-a/

We look forward to a lively conversation in San Francisco.

Workshop Organizers:

Stephanie Sandler	Polina Barskova		Catherine Ciepiela
Sarah Pratt		Michael Wachtel		Boris Wolfson