Another reason to study Russian

colkitto colkitto at ROGERS.COM
Sun Feb 3 23:59:28 UTC 2008

"> It looks as if nobody knows anything anymore. " >
"I hope we do not have our heads in the sand about the vast sea of  polluted
ignorance that is out there."  >
"I'm beginning to suspect that this ignorance of the past is not only  an
American phenomenon,"

George, if it's any consolation, it's not just the US.  This phenomenon is
being played out in Canada at the moment, where the ignorance of basic
history and tradition displayed by senior people at the various federal and
provincial Human Rights Commissions, and even prominent lawyers, forsooth,
is only reduced in importance only when one considers the discrepancy in
population.

At least the Garden of Eden is remote in time.  There are people who believe
that Canada began in 1967 or 1968, or even 1982, some occupying influential
positions.

Maybe a study of the minutiae of Russian aspect would these people good

Robert Orr