artist seeks Birobidzhan contact/info

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Fri Feb 15 04:16:51 UTC 2008

Forwarded with permission from Mendele:

  Replies to Yevgeniy Fiks : fiksy at mccc.edu
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:23:15 -0500
From: fiksy at mccc.edu
Subject: Mendele Personal: Artist Yevgeniy Fiks needs help -- Project on
Berobidzhan

Hello,

I'm a New York-based artist. I'm going to do a project in Berobidzhan this
summer devoted to the history of planning and construction in Berobidzhan in
the 1930s and I would like to ask if anybody has a contact person in
Berobidzhan Historical Museum? Or in archives on the history of Birobidzhan?

I'm also looking for a cheap place to stay there -- I would appreciate any info
on that too.

a sheinem dank!

Yevgeniy Fiks

Deborah Hoffman, Esq.
Russian > English Legal and Literary Translations

A man ceases to be a beginner in any given science and becomes a master in that science when he has learned that he is going to be a beginner all his life. -- R. G. Collingwood