Online tests and outcomes assessments in Russian (and Slavic)

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Wed Feb 20 01:51:36 UTC 2008

Dear SEELANGers:

Those interested in learning outcomes in Russian may want to see my article
on data from the Middlebury Russian School 1999-2003 as it includes
information on entrance testing results for over 300 students from over 90
institutions in North America:

Benjamin Rifkin. 2005.  "A Ceiling Effect in Traditional Classroom Foreign
Language Instruction:  Data from Russian."  Modern Language Journal 89.1:
3-18.

The entrance test data are correlated with hours of instruction prior to the
beginning of the immersion experience at Middlebury.  (The article also
provides data on exit testing after a 9-week immersion program.)

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin