"Stalin's Ghost"

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Fri Feb 22 23:00:53 UTC 2008

I have a guess: It's fiction, so he just made it up.

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of mipco
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 5:51 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] "Stalin's Ghost"

Martin Cruz Smith is well known for his novel "Gorky Park" and the movie
based on it.
In his recent novel "Stalin's Ghost" published in 2007 on page 277 there is
the paragraph:

"One evening was devoted to Pushkin. It was a salon. Everyone brought in
their favorite verse. Very artsy. I brought Pushkin's diary. It had all the
women he shagged in intimate detail. The man could write."

Who can guess what "Pushkin's diary" is he writing about?

Michael Peltsman
--
M.I.P. Company
P.O.B. 27484