EU in st. Petersburg

Sat Feb 23 17:58:04 UTC 2008

Alina Israeli wrote:

> Vaxtin's press-conference on youtube:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czrYY3b3988&eurl=http://lj-toys.com/?journalid=9970665&moduleid=9&auth_token=sessionless:1203782400:embedcontent:9970665%26>

Or, if you don't like long URLs, just use the first part:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czrYY3b3988>

Speaking of "first parts," a client of mine asked me to translate a
transcript of the press conference, and the youtube video linked above
is only the very beginning: 1,371 words (in translation) of a total of
5,953 (again, in translation). After President Vakhtin concluded his
remarks, several other panelists spoke, and all panelists took questions.

I'm sorry, due to confidentiality commitments I am unable to say what
went on after this point, much less post my translation. But I hope
someone can find a video of the entire press conference.

Fontanka.ru also has a brief report (the one mentioned by Vakhtin) here:
<http://www.fontanka.ru/2008/02/18/112/>

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com