song with imperatives?

Sibelan E S Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Tue Feb 26 15:18:35 UTC 2008

Dear Jennifer,

Even though "Bublichki" is not a recent song, my students always love
learning it, and the chorus at least (kupite -- gonite -- pozhalej)
isn't so complicated that a first-year student won't enjoy singing
it.  Topics it might bring up:  blatnaja pesnja; NEP; the hidden plot
lines of street food.  One version of the song shows up in Stites and
von Geldern's MASS CULURE IN SOVIET RUSSIA (1995), which had an
accompanying audio tape -- does anyone know whether that material is
now available on CD?

Sibelan