SEELANGS Digest - 8 Jun 2008 to 9 Jun 2008 - Special issue (#2008-224)

Val Vinokur vinokurv at NEWSCHOOL.EDU
Mon Jun 9 15:35:11 UTC 2008

   2. russian-american fiction/memoirs (11)

In addition to Shteyngart, see David Bezmozgis and Lara Vapnyar.  I
reviewed the lot here: http://bostonreview.net/BR30.1/vinokur.html
Sergei Dovlatov's Ours is a gem.
A.J. Perry, Twelve Stories of Russia: A Novel, I Guess (glas 2001) is
hilarious.
Also see recent issue of Zeek: Russified (http://zeek.net/buy/)