Censorship and Modernism

Suzi Weygandt eweygandt at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 10 16:25:17 UTC 2008

Dear SEELANGers:

In what years did censorship by the Soviet government begin to impede the
innovations in art of the Modernist period?
Was there a gradual increase in censorship leading up to 1936?

I was also wondering to what extent and in what years did the Soviet
government work to bring art into accordance with dialectical materialism and
behaviorism.

Many thanks for considering my questions.