Brodsky in Great Britain

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Sun Jun 15 21:46:43 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,

Those of you who are interested in Brodsky might be curious to read
Valentina Polukhina's fascinating article on the reception of Brodsky
in Great Britain. It was published in the journal on poetry "Storony
sveta": http://www.stosvet.net/9/polukhina/

All best,
Alexandra

==================================
Alexandra Smith (PhD, University of London)
Reader in Russian
Department of European Languages and Cultures
School of  Languages, Literatures and Cultures
The University of Edinburgh
David Hume Tower
George Square
Edinburgh EX8 9JX
UK

tel. +44-(0)131-6511381
fax: +44- (0)131- 650-3604
e-mail: Alexandra.Smith at ed.ac.uk

Quoting jeff brooks <brooksjef at GMAIL.COM>:

> Hi. check out:
>
> A v fateev, Stalinism i detskaia literatura v politike nomenklatury sssr
> (1930-e-1950-e gg.) (Moscow: MAKS Press, 2007)
>
> All good cheer, Jeff Brooks
>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM, <nataliek at ualberta.ca> wrote:
>
>> Great resource.  Thanks.
>>
>> And now a question for you or for others on this list: There were, and
>> still are, little paperback books for kids, often containing a single
>> folktale, sometimes containing more.  Is there any information about these
>> little, and popular, books?  Who put them out?  Where did they get their
>> material - as in how were the folktales or other stories selected?  Were
>> they taken from publications or written for the little books?  To what
>> extent did the goal of kommunisticheskoe vospitanie apply - meaning do we
>> know if the texts, esp. folk texts, were modified to bring them in line with
>> Communist goals?
>>
>> Natalka K.
>>

>> Quoting Maria Dmytrieva <xmas at UKR.NET>:
>>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>> here is a link to a collection of the Soviet magazines of different
>>> decades for different social and interest groups:
>>> http://amnesia.pavelbers.com/the%20old%20newspapers.htm
>>>
>>> I hope you will enjoy this collection although to most of you it may  not
>>> as dear as to me -- I grew on these magazines, especially the  ones for
>>> children and adolescents, these were truly amazing.
>>> it's a pity they don't have the entire set of these magazines (I keep most
>>> of mine in my parents' apartment).
>>>
>>> ps.
>>> This website, http://amnesia.pavelbers.com/index.htm, contains a lot  of
>>> materials you may find useful. you would be truly amazed at their  variety
>>> and scope.
>>>
>>> With best regards,
>>> Maria
>>>

>> Natalie Kononenko
>> Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
>> University of Alberta
>> Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
>> 200 Arts Building
>> Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E6
>> Phone: 780-492-6810
>> Web: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/uvp/

>>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.