lexicography/pher as a literary/philosophical motif

Frank Y Gladney gladney at UIUC.EDU
Fri Jun 20 14:42:53 UTC 2008

Dear Toma,

Samuil Marshak has a short poem titled "Slovar'".  It begins, Userdnei s kazhdym dnem gliazhu v slovar' and ends Net, ne slovar' lezhit peredo mnoi, a drevniaia rassypannaia povest'.

Sorry I can't come up with the whole poem.

Frank