Tsvetaeva's drawings

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Sat Jun 21 14:45:02 UTC 2008

Dear colleagues,

I've just read a curious article penned by Yulii Zyslin. It  says that
Yulii Zyslin has a copy of Tsvetaeva's drawings in his museum in
Washington DC: http://www.kontinent.org/article_rus_4501ebae285f6.html

According to this article, Tsvetaeva drew various portraits in the 1910s....
I'm just wondering whether anyone could recall any references to the
fact that Tsvetaeva was an artist as well as poet? It's well known, of
course, that her daughter and her son were excellent artists but I've
never heard about Tsvetaeva's drawings before.
It's curios, especially because there are so many notebooks and
letters that are deposited in various archives but I don't remember
any materials that feature Tsvetaeva's drawings alongside her poems or
letters, for example.

I'll be very grateful for any information that could shed some light
on this discovery!...

All best,
Alexandra

Alexandra Smith (PhD, University of London)
Reader in Russian
Department of European Languages and Cultures
School of  Languages, Literatures and Cultures
The University of Edinburgh
David Hume Tower
George Square
Edinburgh EX8 9JX
UK

tel. +44-(0)131-6511381
fax: +44- (0)131- 650-3604
e-mail: Alexandra.Smith at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.