Jan Pototcki's novel (to David, Ol'ga, and Aleksandra)

Slivkin, Yevgeniy A. slivkin at OU.EDU
Wed Jun 25 23:21:26 UTC 2008

Dear David, Ol'ga, and Aleksandra,
Thank you for your responses.  I'm aware of many of the direct and possible influences of “Manuscript" in the 19th century. But I am writing an article on Sosnora and my specific interest in this case is the late 1960’s and early 1970’s when Has’s film became a hit among the “piterskaia inelligentsiia.” So far I have not discovered any direct influences of the film/novel on the literary production of the period (save Viktor Sosnora).
A. Bitov could be a source of information and I would be grateful if some of you could approach him with this question.
Information about the blending of  "The Saragossa Manuscript” into the psychedelic movement in the US is very interesting and gives me some ideas.
Sincerely yours
Yevgeny Slivkin