Looking for a semester/summer Russian study abroad partner

Monnier, Nicole M. MonnierN at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Jun 30 15:09:16 UTC 2008

Dear SEELANGStsy!

The University of Missouri International Center and I are looking for a new study abroad option in Russia for our students. The ideal program would be OUTSIDE of Moscow/St. Petersburg, reasonably priced (ours are state university students, not private liberal arts college ones), and with a summer study abroad opportunity (already on the ground, or the potential for creating one).

Ideally, we would officially partner with an existing school/program (MU students can only take MU-based scholarship and financial aid on an MU or MU parter program). The number of MU students going to Russia any given year fluctuates, but we always have at least 1-2 for semester study abroad and 2-3 for summer, and oftentimes more.

While it may sound as if we are looking for a parasitic relationship (i.e., we the lazy parasites and the host the active program builder), this is not at all the case. Both the MU IC and I would like to find a partner for a long-term, mutual relationship (this is beginning to sound like a personal ad!).

Please contact me directly off-list (monniern at missouri.edu) if you are interested!

Searchingly,

Nicole

Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
428A Strickland Hall
University of Missouri - Columbia
Columbia, MO 65211