THE BIRCH: Back Issues & Submissions

Ester Murdukhayeva em2328 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Mar 7 21:49:01 UTC 2008

Dear friends,

I'm very happy to say that the complimentary back issues of THE BIRCH,
the undergraduate Eastern European and Eurasian affairs journal, have
finally been sent out! I apologize for the horrifically long delay - as
an undergraduate student group, we have an extremely difficult time
raising funds and for a venture this great, we faced quite a few
roadblocks. I am glad that the issues are finally on their way and that
people across the nation will have a chance to see the work we've been
doing.

Additionally, we would /greatly/ appreciate if you would encourage
undergraduates to submit pieces and especially photography for the
upcoming spring issue. Our fall issue was so fantastic because of the
superb submissions we received from schools all over the world - we'd
love to replicate this! The call for submissions is below. I appreciate
everyone's help, support and kind words.

Best,

Ester Murdukhayeva
Editor-in-Chief
THE BIRCH

The Birch, the nation's first and only undergraduate journal of Eastern
European and Eurasian culture and affairs, now in it's 4th year of
publication, is looking for submissions for its Spring 2008 issues. All
undergraduates are welcome to submit any of the following:
- Original literary works
- Literary criticism
- Cultural and political essays
- Original photography.

Our Fall 2007 issue, as well as all our archived issues are available at
http://www.thebirchonline.org. Please help to make this a great issue by
encouraging all undergraduates to submit pieces.

*The deadline for submission is March 19th.* They should be emailed to
Editor in Chief, Ester Murdukhayeva, at em2328 at columbia.edu
<mailto:em2328 at columbia.edu>.