Prokofiev's THE GAMBLER

Put Your Name Here Marakash at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 9 20:49:20 UTC 2008

Dear Ester,
I would like to on the guest list and also have my students on the guest
list as well.
Please let me know if it's possible.
Best wishes,
Mara Kashper
Senior Associate
Slavic Department
Barnard College
_mkashper at barnard.edu_ (mailto:mkashper at barnard.edu)

In a message dated 3/9/2008 4:10:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
em2328 at COLUMBIA.EDU writes:

Dear  all,

In anticipation of the Metropolitan Opera's spring production of  Sergei
Prokofiev's The Gambler, THE BIRCH, the nation's only undergraduate
journal of Eastern European and Eurasian affairs, will be sponsoring a
lecture about the opera at Columbia University. The event will begin at
8pm, with an opening reception of tea, coffee and traditional Russian
appetizers at 7:30pm.
Simon Morrison of Princeton University, a  preeminent Prokofiev scholar,
will deliver a lecture about the opera.  Following the lecture, one
attendee will win two orchestra premium tickets  to The Metropolitan
Opera's production of Verdi's /Ernani/.

This  event is free and open to all. We are working to confirm performers
from  the Russian Chamber Chorus of New York to sing selections from the
opera.  I really hope those of you in the area will be able to attend.

If you  would like to be put on the guest list, please send an email to
THE  BIRCH's Business Manager, Sierra Perez-Sparks, at
sjp2124 at columbia.edu,  with your name and affiliation. She will provide
further details about the  venue and directions.

Best,

Ester  Murdukhayeva
Editor-in-Chief
THE  BIRCH

options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface  at: