Part-time Lecturer in Russian and Live-in Russian Hall Coordinator

Irina Makoveeva makoveeva at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 12 18:25:02 UTC 2008

Vanderbilt University

Germanic and Slavic Languages, Box 1567-B, Vanderbilt University, Nashville,
TN 37235

Part-time Lecturer in Russian and Live-in Russian Hall Coordinator

The Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures at
Vanderbilt University invites applications for the position of part-time
lecturer in Russian and live-in Russian Hall Coordinator for the academic
year 2008-2009. We seek candidates with native or near-native Russian and
evidence of experience teaching Russian in the American classroom. Minimum
degree qualification is a Master’s degree or its equivalent. The individual
whom we hire will teach five hours of Russian each semester. As Russian Hall
Coordinator, the individual whom we hire will be expected to live in the
McTyeire International House with the Russian-language group; to facilitate
Russian conversation there as much as possible; to have supper four nights
per week with the Russian group; to conduct one-hour “study breaks” once a
week with the Russian group; and to attend occasional meetings having to do
with the administration of the dorm and recruitment for the following year.
 Compensation includes room and board and a part-time salary.

Applicants should submit a letter explaining their qualifications and
interest; two letters of recommendation from American college teachers; and
evidence of teaching Russian, with samples of teaching evaluations. The
materials should be mailed to Professor David Lowe, Department of Germanic
and Slavic, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, VU Station B Box 351567, Vanderbilt
University, Nashville, TN 37235-1567 Vanderbilt University is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.