question about slang

Janey Haynes vjhaynes at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Mar 13 21:50:08 UTC 2008

Nashville, here, with a specific word question.  My first year (high school) Russian students are getting ready to perform a skit about going shopping, buying clothes for a function, etc.  They stumped me today with "Ioanna Bobyevna, how do you say 'Cuz'--not 'Cousin', just Cuz?"  That was followed by "And how do you say 'Bro' or 'Bra', like "Yo, Bra!' "  I had to confess I had no idea. So, you brilliant minds out there, especially those who've been around Russians recently, I'd love to know!

Janey Haynes
Nashville, TN