Composers in Literature

bmdamare at UMICH.EDU bmdamare at UMICH.EDU
Tue Mar 18 21:31:25 UTC 2008

Alexander,

The English title is "The Tunesmith" by Lloyd Biggle.  It was a pretty
influential sci-fi short story (Orson Scott Card cites it as one of his
major influences, and his "Unaccompanied Sonata" is based on it),
although I agree that it's looking less and less like fiction.

- Brad