Cheremsha

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Fri Mar 21 06:35:54 UTC 2008

John Dunn's comments on borshch and Domostroj prompt me to inquire if
anyone knows what cheremsha
really is as a plant (garlic tops?).  I've always sought it out in its
pickled form at markets in Russia, but never have come across it in
the US until I recently found a jar of it at a DC Russian food store
where the English translation on the label was "Ramson."

John Schillinger
Emeritus Prof. of Russian
American University