Solzhenitsyn

pburak at TWCNY.RR.COM pburak at TWCNY.RR.COM
Sat May 3 04:26:22 UTC 2008

Syracuse University is proud to announce that it will award an honorary degree to Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn on Sunday, May 11, 2008.  His son, Stephan, will come to receive this degree on behalf of his father.

On Friday, May 9, at 1:00 p.m., Stephan will offer a forum, moderated by Professor Ed Ericson of Calvin College. This is open and free to the public.  Text information appears below, and I would be happy to send you a flyer with further information if you are interested in attending. The forum will be from 1:00 - 2:30 pm on the campus of Syracuse University, followed by a reception.

Anyone interested in the literary works of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is most welcome to attend.  Contact Pat Burak at paburak at syr.edu for further information or to receive the flyer electronically.

SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
AND THE
 SLUTZKER CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL SERVICES
ARE PLEASED TO INVITE YOU
TO AN
OPEN FORUM RECOGNIZING
2008 HONORARY DEGREE RECIPIENT
ALEKSANDR I. SOLZHENITSYN

FEATURING
STEPHAN SOLZHENITSYN, SON
AND
EDWARD ERICSON, JR.
PROFESSOR EMERITUS, CALVIN COLLEGE
“AN INSIDE VIEW OF ALEKSANDR I. SOLZHENITSYN:  A CONVERSATION WITH
STEPHAN SOLZHENITSYN”
FRIDAY, MAY 9, 2008
1:00 PM  -  2:30 PM
ROOM 500 – HALL OF LANGUAGES