Austen and Tolstoy

oprokop at TEMPLE.EDU oprokop at TEMPLE.EDU
Mon May 5 19:21:37 UTC 2008

I second Edwina's opinion about the topic being a dead end.
I don't think Jane Austen was widely known in Russia before
the 20th century and taken seriously until recently.
However, my opinion is based on unrelated research, and I
too would love to be corrected.
Olia Prokopenko