Hair & Dress in Imperial Russia

Colleen McQuillen cmcquill at UIC.EDU
Wed Oct 15 17:28:51 UTC 2008

Dear Allison,

You might want to check out Raisa Kirsanova's books on costume and dress:

Kostium v russkoi khudozhestvennoi kulʹture 18-pervoi poloviny 20 vv.
: opyt entsiklopedii

Stsenicheskii kostium i teatralʹnaia publika v Rossii XIX veka

Russkii kostium i byt XVIII-XIX vekov

I don't think she deals explicitly with hair, but she does include
hats and other hair coverings. I'll be interested in hearing other
people's recommendations.

All the best,
Colleen

***