Self-Study Russian Programs?

John Langran john at RUSLAN.CO.UK
Wed Sep 10 17:31:12 UTC 2008

David
There is a free first lesson of the Ruslan CDRom at
www.ruslan.co.uk/demos.htm if your colleague would like to try it

John Langran
www.ruslan.co.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Borgmeyer" <dmborgmeyer at HOTMAIL.COM>
To: <SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:23 PM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Self-Study Russian Programs?

SEELANGtsy,

I recall a thread some time ago about the perils of self-study
language programs (like Rosetta Stone).
A colleague recently asked me about teaching himself Russian using one
of these; apparently his wife is Russian but isn’t interested in helping him
learn it, despite his interest in doing so.

I don’t have much experience with these types of programs
(or marriages, for that matter), so: accepting the limitations of this
type of learning, are there recommendations from those who know more than I
for
specific products, programs, or other resources that might help this
colleague?

Gratefully,

DB