two positions in Slavic linguistics

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Sep 10 23:28:58 UTC 2008

Dear Christina,

Shouldn't Liz apply for this job?

________________________________
Donna Tussing Orwin, Professor
Department of Slavic Languages and Literature
University of Toronto
President, Tolstoy Society
Alumni Hall 415
121 St. Joseph St.
tel 416-926-1300, ext. 3316
fax 416-926-2076

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lenore Grenoble
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 11:45 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] two positions in Slavic linguistics

Dear colleagues, I am writing to announce two positions in
Slavic linguistics at the University of Chicago. My apologies
for cross-postings.

TENURE-TRACK POSITION IN SLAVIC LINGUISTICS:

The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures of the
University of Chicago seeks to fill an entry-level,
tenure-track position in Slavic linguistics, with a special
interest in diachronic linguistics. The ideal candidate will
also have expertise in other historically and/or areally
relevant languages or language families. We seek a candidate
who will complement and build on our strengths in Slavic and
areal linguistics and contribute to the intellectual life of
the University in general. Teaching experience and evidence of
publications are required. Candidates should have the Ph.D. in
hand at the time of appointment, preferably at the time of
application. We will begin reviewing applications on 1
November 2008.

Applications should be sent to:

SEARCH COMMITTEE IN SLAVIC LINGUISTICS
Slavic Dept., U. Chicago
1130 E 59th St
Chicago, IL 60637

They should include the following:
1. cover letter.
2. curriculum vitae
3. sample publication(s): not more than 3
4. one and only one sample course syllabus

The applicant should have three letters of recommendation sent
directly to the search committee.

Preliminary interviews will be held at AAASS and LSA National
Conventions.

The University of Chicago is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer.

SOUTH SLAVIC LINGUISTICS, PART-TIME POSITION:

The Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures at the
University of Chicago seeks applications for a part-time
position in South Slavic Linguistics. Previous teaching
experience and PhD or ABD required. The applicant will be
expected to teach three courses in the area of South Slavic,
one in the winter quarter on the Structure of BCS and two
classes in the spring quarter on the History of BCS and
Comparative South Slavic. (Classes for the winter quarter
begin on 5 January and end on 11 March, followed by reading
period and exams. Spring quarter classes run from 30 March to
3 June.) Review of applications will begin on 1 October.

Please send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:

Search Committee, South Slavic Linguistics
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Chicago
1130 East 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637

Three letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the
search committee.