Russian language podcasts

Wilkinson, C cxwilkinson at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 11 14:52:19 UTC 2008

I'd suggest:
http://www.shkolazhizni.ru/ for podcasts on a wide variety of topics and one
of my favourites (and there are texts of all the podcasts, which is very
useful).

A more recent find that I'm quite excited about (though it's not as user
friendly for language learning; in that respect Shkola Zhizni is excellent)
is http://www.podstantsiya.ru/, which includes a "Citycast" series and
interviews -
http://www.podstantsiya.ru/?area=main&userTag=%E8%ED%F2%E5%F0%E2%FC%FE

The newspaper Vedomosti publishes a daily news podcast as well as thematic
ones: http://www.vedomosti.ru/podcast/

http://rpod.ru/ has a wide range of amateur podcasts, some of which get
beyond the level of ramblings and in jokes

http://podfm.ru/ also covers a wide range of themes - registration
required.

Depending on your mp3 player's capabilities, you could also look at NTV's
videocasts - http://news.ntv.ru/video/

There's also a lot of people podcasting via Live Journal, with the
variations in quality one would expect. Try http://dnevniki.rpod.ru

Hope this helps - I'd be interested to know of any more that you find and/or
particularly enjoy.

Best wishes,

Claire

--
Claire Wilkinson

Teaching Fellow in Russian
Centre for Russian & East European Studies
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT, UK

ERI Room 146 (first floor)
Tel: +44 (0) 121 414 8242 (direct line work)
Skype: cxwilkinson