Polish language games

John Langran john at RUSLAN.CO.UK
Mon Sep 22 19:44:58 UTC 2008

I'm taking this game from Ruslan Russian 1, but I guess you can adapt it to
Polish.
I guess there are about 20 in the class.
Teach them how to ask people's names and how to answer, use their real
(English?) names for this.
Then teach them 6 Polish names, 3 for boys and 3 for girls (I assume it is a
mixed group)
Maybe more if a larger group, probably not less.
I don't know Polish, but if some names could be boys or girls (Sasha in
Russian) then use them.
Practice the pronunciation of the new names.
Then ask them to choose a Polish name for themselves from the 6 you gave
them, but not to tell anyone.
Then ask them to find all the other people in the group with the same name
as them, just in Polish.
Maybe you could teach a few other words to help, like "yes", "no", "excuse
me".

NB before you start check in case there are any Polish childern in the
group. A simple point, but could be missed!

Then they could write their Polish name on a blank sticky label, put it on,
and go round introducing themselves to other students again, eg asking each
boy to introduce himself to 3 girls with different names.

There's a Russian version of this game using professions at
www.ruslan.co.uk/demos.htm then download the first lesson of Ruslan 1 and go
to page 24.

John Langran
www.ruslan.co.uk