Village Wedding in Western Ukraine

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Tue Sep 23 16:39:10 UTC 2008

Announcing a major update to our Ukrainian Traditional Folklore website.

We have added extensive documentation of a wedding celebrated in the
village of Pidhaitsy just outside Lutsk.  This wedding was filmed last
summer (2008) and combines an interesting mix of traditional and
modern elements.  There are still shots and videos.  To go directly to
the new material, click on:

http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/uvp/pages/media/WeddingWU/index.htm?menu=3-2:3

The site, the main page of which is listed below, also has some minor
updates - a video of korovai maker in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada,
some additional Ukrainian Canadian churches, some updates on churches
filmed earlier (the one near Bruderhiem was closed on August 23, 2008).

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies