Teenage reading

Lyudmila Grinshpan milagrinshpan at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 23 18:21:27 UTC 2008

Владислав Крапивин
Александр Грин «Алые паруса»
Осеева "Динка" и "Динка прощается с детством"
Кир Булычев
Александра Бруштейн «Дорога уходит в даль»
Сергей Иванов
Анатолий Алексин

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, Melissa Frazier <mfrazier at SLC.EDU> wrote:

From: Melissa Frazier <mfrazier at SLC.EDU>
Subject: [SEELANGS] Teenage reading
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 11:08 AM

Dear Seelangers,

I have a heritage student in my intermediate Russian class who is
struggling with the written language, and she's looking for
recommendations for reading which (as she puts it!) she would really
enjoy.  My question:  what are young people reading in Russia today?  Who
are favorite authors among teenagers?  My student says that in English she
likes to read David Sedaris, for example, or Augusten Burroughs.  Is there
anyone comparable writing in Russian?  Or:  any recommendations would be
very welcome, please send them to me at mfrazier at slc.edu.

With thanks,

Melissa Frazier