CFP, ACLA 2009: The nineteenth century Russian novel and its transcultural tributaries

Schur, Anna aschur at KEENE.EDU
Thu Sep 25 18:13:01 UTC 2008

Dear  all,

I apologize for sending a private message to the list.

Anna Schur

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Schur, Anna
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:02 PM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] CFP, ACLA 2009: The nineteenth century Russian
novel and its transcultural tributaries

Dear Kate,

I am very interested in this panel but before I write an abstract I was
hoping you could clarify one thing for me.

Are you looking for papers that would primarily theorize these various
engagements or would you also consider papers that will (merely)
illustrate them?

I would like to submit a paper on _Notes from the House of the Dead_ as
a participant of the debate on prison discipline of the time. But this
paper does not make any particular theoretical claim, say, about
novelistic form, or the history of the novel's development, etc. Would a
paper like this be of interest? If so, I will be happy to write an
abstract and to submit it for your consideration.

I look forward to meeting you in person in Philadelphia.

Thank you  very much!
Anna Schur