career in translation

Michele A. Berdy maberdy at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 6 17:50:01 UTC 2009

And to chime back in again to Lynn and all... Moscow is filled with
self-taught expat translators. Some of them are very good, and some of them
are really not good at all. When you're "learning by doing" on your own (and
when your clients are not English-speakers), you can easily go off in the
wrong direction. Why risk it when there are now really good programs in many
countries?  I'm quite envious of budding translators and interpreters these
days. Not like in my day, walking ten miles through the snow to the ... Oh.
Sorry. Wrong story.