Translation opportunities in Russia

Petre Petrov ppetrov at PRINCETON.EDU
Wed Apr 8 21:59:44 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

an undergraduate student approached me with the inquiry I am pasting below.
I hope that some of you may be able to assist him better than me. Your

I am looking for a project or internship-like opportunity to last for
6 weeks during the summer of 2009. More specifically, from the end of
June onwards. An ideal project would allow me to be immersed in a
Russian-speaking environment for a significant portion of my time, and
be related in some sense to translation and/or research in machine
translation (a topic I am pursuing for my Senior thesis). I envisage
this occurring within either an academic context, or within some kind
of state-related organisation (although a corporate opportunity would
also be fine), where I might be able to help with editing tasks,
research, or perhaps be directly involved in some other capacity. I am
a native speaker of Italian and English, fluent in French, and have
had 2 years of Russian instruction and 1 year of German instruction at
Princeton. I have experience editing manuscripts (I currently work
part-time at a publishing house in Princeton), and I have published
translations in scholarly journals from Italian to English. I also
have a strong computer programming background, and so could also be
involved in more technical projects.