Grossman: 'The Old Teacher': a Jewish professional school?

David Goldfarb davidagoldfarb at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 21 17:08:44 UTC 2009

Dear Robert,

There may be something on that in Benjamin Nathans, _Beyond the Pale:
The Jewish Encounter with Late Imperial Russia_.  I heard him give an
excellent paper several years ago on Jewish education in the Pale of
Settlement, which I believe was a draft of a chapter in this book.
You could also e-mail him directly in the History Department at Penn.

David A. Goldfarb
http://www.echonyc.com/~goldfarb