Hot Potatoes

Laura Goering lgoering at CARLETON.EDU
Tue Apr 21 18:20:41 UTC 2009

I have been using Hot Potatoes on Windows XP using regular Windows Cyrillic support and I can't imagine why you are having difficulty. (It is also possible to add stress using Unicode combining characters in all applications other than matching with drop-down menus). If you are using an earlier version you might want to upgrade.

Regards,

Laura Goering
Professor of Russian
Department of German and Russian
Carleton College
Northfield, MN 55057
(507) 222-4125

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Trotter" <trotter.mm at GMAIL.COM>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:23:19 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [SEELANGS] Hot Potatoes

Can anybody on the list help me with use of Cyrillic in Hot Potatoes software
(http://hotpot.uvic.ca/) for creating foreign language quizzes, exercises,
crossword puzzles etc? Is it possible to type in Cyrillic within the programs
themselves? I haven't figured out a way to do this. I can cut and paste Cyrillic
text from word files, but ability to stay inside the programs entirely when
creating exercises would be much more efficient, especially for items like
crossword puzzles and others. I use regular Windows support for Cyrillic and
standard Russian keyboard on computers with Vista and XP. Many thanks in
advance for any tips!

Mark Trotter
Indiana University

options, and more. Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at: