Critical articles on Shalamov

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Fri Apr 24 21:28:10 UTC 2009

I don't know if this comes too late, but:

Toker, Leona.  Return from the Archipelago: Narratives of Gulag Survivors.  Bloomington and

Indianapolis: Indiana Univ. Press, 2000 (has a chapter on Shalamov).

Nekrasova, I.V.  Sud'ba i tvorchestvo Varlama Shalamova.  Samara: SGPU, 2003.

Hope this helps.
Best, Yelena Furman

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of Jane Knox-Voina
Sent: Thu 4/23/2009 1:00 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Critical articles on Shalamov

My gratitude for all the possible Russian equivalent pogovoki for "The
grass is greener..." I have a new request. Have any of you written
articles on Varlam Shalamov and his works or can you recommend something
that we could find easily and quickly. This is also urgently needed.

Jane Knox-Voina
Russian Department
Eurasia and East European Studies
Bowdoin College