SRAS Fall 2009 Program Deadline: May 15

Lisa Horner l_horner at ACG.RU
Tue Apr 28 11:16:09 UTC 2009

Hello SEELANGers,

May 15 is the application deadline for Fall 2009 semester courses through
SRAS. We offer many different programs in Russia, outlined below. If you are
overwhelmed with all the options, please contact us and we will be happy to
work with you to find the right program, or to help build your own
customized option, at study at sras.org.

Program options:

* Russian as a Second Language (RSL) - designed for flexibility to suit
almost any need or lifestyle. Study for a week or a year. Choose the
bustling streets of Moscow or the rugged hills of Kyrgyzstan. You can take
advanced courses or start with the basics. With SRAS, it's all up to you.
Read more at http://www.sras.org/study_russian_abroad

*Feature Study Abroad (FSA) - are full study abroad programs, with curricula
and program length designed to facilitate credit transfer to your home
institution. FSA programs include 1) a core curriculum of language training,
2) optional customization features and 3) a study component specific to each
university or city. Read more at http://www.sras.org/feature_study_in_russia

*Internships - SRAS offers two types of internships. Our work study programs
offer living stipends and discounted tuition. Custom placements are possible
if you enroll in one of our base programs (such as RSL, FSA or Direct
Enrollment). Custom placement internships are unpaid positions, but offer
the student the ability to chose from much wider range of professional
fields - read more at http://www.sras.org/internships_russia.

*Direct Enrollment (Visiting Scholars, Degree, Language, Seminars) - With
this form of enrollment, SRAS provides assistance with program and school
selection and assists with application and enrollment procedures. In
providing application and enrollment services, SRAS acts solely as an agent
of the admissions office of SRAS Partner universities. Upon enrollment, you
are a full member of the university community. There are several types of
enrolment under this option - read more at
http://www.sras.org/enrol_in_russian_universities

HOW TO APPLY: go to our site www.sras.org and click "login". After you
register you will have access to our online application. If you encounter
any troubles, let me know lhorner at sras.org and we will work them out :).

SRAS is an organization devoted to encouraging and facilitating study of,
and travel to, Russia and the former USSR.

Best,
Lisa Horner
SRAS Student Relations
lhorner at sras.org