commentary to student safety in St Petersburg

Stephanie Briggs sdsures at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 1 18:46:07 UTC 2009

I have a small anecdote to add to this growing fray.

I was in Moscow for only two weeks, and I never experienced anything racist
or ableist from any people. I have a highly visible physical handicap,
cerebral palsy (heavy limp and I walk with a cane), so it's a little bit
like being a person of color - that is, another visible minority. On the
contrary, people were most helpful when I politely requested assistance,
which is my normal mode of verbal operation.

Respectfully,
Stephanie Briggs
--
~Stephanie D. Briggs, BA (Russian, University of Manitoba, Canada - May

Come have a look at my handmade knitted afghans and scarves!
FIRST SALE: 11/13/09!
http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/

Got Your Spoon? Find out what they're all about (and find out a little about
me too!)
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/the_spoon_theory/