panel on Kozaks/Cossacks for AAASS

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Thu Dec 3 05:24:00 UTC 2009

Dear Fellow list members,

My student Huseyin Oylupinar and I are trying to put together a
roundtable with the tentative title: Imagining Kozaky/Kazaki/Cossacks.
  We want to look at how Kozaks are presented in Ukraine, in the
Ukrainian Diaspora, and elsewhere, particularly in Russia and Poland.
We are looking at the phenomenon in its contemporary manifestation -
festivals, films, souvenirs.  If interested, please respond to me off
list at nataliek at ualberta.ca or contact my student at
oylupina at ualberta.ca.

Natalie Kononenko
Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography