Duels in Slavic Literature

Helena Tolstoy tolstoy at MSCC.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Dec 3 18:11:44 UTC 2009

The Russian duels are summed up in Bitov's Pushkinski Dom. He added to the
classic list Sologub's spitting "duel" from Melki Bes.

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Croft
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:23 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Duels in Slavic Literature

Hello all,Does anyone know of instances of duels in Russian literature or
other Slavic literatures?  I am interested in all periods.  I already have
Lermontov, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Nabokov, and for Polish and
quasi-Polish, Gombrowicz and Conrad, respectively.  Any leads you might be
able to provide would be much appreciated.Thanks,Jennifer Croft