Russian Conservation News

Brita Ericson ericson at AMERICANCOUNCILS.ORG
Thu Dec 3 22:06:45 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Since 1994, Russian Conservation News (RCN) has been the only English
language magazine dedicated to the wilderness areas of Northern Eurasia –
unique natural habitats of global significance for preserving bio-diversity
and combating climate change. Our Fall 2009 issue is our first truly
bilingual one, with articles in both Russian and English. Each article
features a summary and a vocabulary list to help students of both languages.
 In this issue, you’ll learn about:

*solutions that communities in Russia and Alaska have found to protect polar
bears;

*a joint project tracking endangered fish owls in the Russian Far East;

*a high school exchange between students from Chukotka and Anchorage; and
much more.

Click here https://www.americancouncils.org/rcnListPublic.php to download a
free copy today to learn about the natural wonders of Eurasia, and see how
you can contribute to preserving them for all of us.

Judith Deane
Editor, Russian Conservation News
American Councils for International Education
1776 Massachusetts Ave.  NW
Washington DC 20036
JDeane at americancouncils.org
tel:  (202) 833-7522  fax:  (202) 872 9178
www.americancouncils.org